Truth: I believe the God of the Bible is the only true God—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Key Scripture: 2 Corinthians 13:14 “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.”
- I believe the God of the Bible is the only true God.
- I believe the God of the Bible is one in essence but distinct in person–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- I believe Jesus is God in the flesh–who died and rose bodily from the dead.
- I believe the Holy Spirit is God and dwells in Christians to empower them to live the Christian life.
Salvation by Grace:
Truth: I believe a person comes into a right relationship with God by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
Key Scripture: Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God–not by works, so that no one can boast.”
- I believe I will inherit eternal life because of what Jesus has done for me.
- I believe nothing I do or have done can earn my salvation.
- I believe salvation comes only through Jesus Christ.
- believe people are saved because of what Jesus Christ did, not because of what they do.
Authority of the Bible:
Truth: I believe the Bible is the Word of God and has the right to command my belief and action.
Key Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
- I believe the Bible is absolutely true in matters of faith and morals.
- I believe the words of the Bible are words from God.
- I believe the Bible has decisive authority over what I say and do.
- I believe the Bible is relevant to address the needs of contemporary culture.
Truth: I believe God is involved in and cares about my daily life.
Key Scripture: Psalm 121 “I lift up my eyes to the hills–where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip–he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you–the LORD is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all harm–He will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.”
- I believe God has a purpose for my life.
- I believe pain and suffering can often bring me closer to God.
- I believe God is actively involved in my life.
- I believe God enables me to do things I could not or would not otherwise do.
Identity of Christ:
Truth: I believe I am significant because of my position as a child of God.
Key Scripture: John 1:12-13 “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God–children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.”
- I believe God loves me and therefore my life has value.
- I exist to know, love and serve God.
- I believe God loves me, even when I do not obey him.
- I believe I am forgiven and accepted by God.
Truth: I believe the church is God’s primary way to accomplish his purposes on earth today.
Key Scripture: Ephesians 4:15-16 “Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
- I believe God gives spiritual gifts to every Christian for service to the church and the community.
- I believe I cannot grow as a Christian unless I am an active member of a local church.
- I believe the community of true believers is Christ’s body on earth.
- I believe the purpose of the church is to share the gospel and nurture Christians to maturity in Christ.
Truth: I believe all people are loved by God and need Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Key Scripture: John 3:16 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- I believe each person possesses a sinful nature and is in need of God’s forgiveness.
- I believe we are created in the image of God and therefore have equal value, regardless of race, religion, or gender.
- I believe all people are loved by God; therefore, I too should love them.
- I believe God desires all people to have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
Truth: I believe God calls all Christians to show compassion to those in need.
Key Scripture: Psalm 82:3-4 “Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”
- God calls me to be involved in the lives of the poor and suffering.
- I believe I am responsible before God to show compassion to the sick and imprisoned.
- I believe I should stand up for those who cannot stand up for themselves.
- I believe Christians should not purchase everything they can afford, so that their discretionary money can be available to help those in need.
Truth: I believe there is a heaven and a hell, and I believe Jesus Christ is returning to judge the earth and establish his eternal kingdom.
Key Scripture: John 14:1-4 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”
- I believe it is important to share the gospel with my neighbor because Christ has commanded me to do so.
- I believe people who deliberately reject Jesus Christ as Savior will not inherit eternal life.
- I believe every person is subject to the judgment of God.
- I believe all people who place their trust in Jesus Christ will spend eternity in heaven.
Truth: I believe everything I am or own belongs to God.
Key Scripture: 1 Timothy 6:17-19 “Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.”
- I believe everything I am or own comes from God and belongs to God.
- I believe a Christian should live a sacrificial life that is not driven by pursuit of material things.
- I believe Christians should give at least 10 percent of their income to God’s work.
- I believe God will bless Christians now and in the life to come for their good works.